Welcome, Blogophiles!


Welcome, Blogophiles!

Or is that Bloginators, or Blogostines? And why am I doing this?
Heck if I know. But, I'm an artist of sorts, and LOTS of artists have their own Blogs, so why not me? I get to talk about myself and show some of my occasional (and I do mean Occasional) train art. I'm also gigging regularly with a great tribute band called Close to You, which covers the Carpenters. Thanks for visiting, fellow Blogians!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Some Earlier Train Art

SINCE many of the dozens, nay, hundreds of you who are new to my blog might not be familiar with my work, here's one of my favorites. Titled "Oiling the 28", it's a 48 X 36 inch oil on canvas of the engineer at the Jamestown, CA railroad museum oiling the gears on Engine 28. (The same engine that starred in "Back to the Future III", BTW.) This piece made the juried cut for the Roseville Arts national show last April. I think I like the close-up aspect of this where I can depict more of the oily, pitted and discolored metal. Me thinks I must paint more close-ups!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Daddy!

    You blog made me laugh a few times already. Huzzah for curmudgeonly artists that get blogs!I love it. Good for you for finally getting one! :) They're lots of fun and pretty addicting, just wait. I love your paintings and am proud of you and them!

    Love ya,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And at least we have each other to be blogishous! To bloginate?

    Thanks, sweetie for the nice comment!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please comment away! Nice comments will be revered; not so nice comments may end up lining the parakeet cage.